Thursday, August 15, 2013

Oh, Indubitably



Oh, Indubitably

ingenious conceits
frame this narrative
peppered with politeness
stippled with courtesy

unquestionable
too evident to be queried
zero prospects for miscalculation

an indubitable truth
shorn of superficial qualities

external facts
innocent resolve

the truth is unquestionable
the truth is an absolute

the philosophy perhaps

of an indifferent writer

**

Just wee poem while the sun shines on this Thursday afternoon.  I sat outside for a break just now, ear buds in, brain off, heart on, daydreaming.  I got so lost in pleasant thoughts I almost forgot to come back and man my 9 to 5 work-post.

I've completed the day's crossword and swallowed plenty of green tea, now I will attempt my new day writing prompt I started getting in my email.  It's sitting there waiting for me to open it so I can start writing. Wish me luck.  Stories are still on-going, still slow as molasses but they are coming.  In less than two hours, I'll have a 10 minute writing prompt complete and will be homeward bound with my book (currently reading 'Silver Linings Playbook' - I read half of it yesterday) and to my comfy clothes.

So, I write on!  Hope your face is in the shape of a smile today.

In propinquity,
Nic



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this one because of the irony. Writers must write truth, yet we must also be open-minded and therefore susceptible to change. Is truth therefore relative?

    "The philosophy perhaps of an indifferent writer". Love it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many ironies and truths to this whole writing thing it makes your head spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it's not to be thought about too intently. Remember, overthinking is a detriment to the process :)

      Delete