Sunday, August 11, 2013

Anti-Poetry


Anti-Poetry

irony is lonely

fanciful writing
it bothers the heart

a superstitious business
a poet’s abundance

dissertations of inferiority
flags of blunt vigilance

interrupt the fluid music

where secrets are silent
charisma is deceptive
intention is bewildering

abandoned satire
lonesome writing

irony is lonely
lonely is mine

**

What a lovely weekend.  The sun shone and continues to shine today accompanied by a cool breeze through my window as I type.  Friday evening, I witnessed love.  I attended the wedding reception of a friend and felt the full abundance of true love.  It was wonderful.  I had a lovely time talking to other people on the precipice of marriage and who are walking in joy.  Their company, under the twinkly lights, reminded me that true love does indeed rule and it is attainable.  I appreciate good humans with kind hearts who can instill that value, the value of tenderness and combined spirit.  May have fueled a few scribbles but we'll soon see.

Saturday morning's sun came out for the Eastern Passage/Cow Bay Summer Carnival parade.  My town has an annual carnival for as long as I can remember.  My only participation this year was taking in the parade with my pals.  The best part, A&W rootbeer suckers.  Nom!  Erica and I took her daughter over to Halifax afterward and had a bite to eat on the Carleton patio and browsed around for a little bit.  I was pleased we did because I discovered a french cafe I can't wait to try and stumbled by the entrance to Inkwell, a modern handmade boutique and letterpress studio.  The stationary junkie in me was quite pleased.  I browsed the gorgeous handmade cards, prints, paper and accessories in the summer heat.  I was a little mesmerized.  I bought two pieces, a wedding card for friends tying the knot at the end of the month and something sweet and simple for my next card tag with Ru.  Can't wait to be 'it'!

Today, I managed a poem.  Something small and seemingly uninspired.  I also am considering of pulling out my 'Large-Hearted' pages and going somewhere to edit for a bit, depending on my dinner plans.  I'm buying time blogging until I find out how my day will pan out.

I may have had too good of a time yesterday because once the evening came, I wasn't feeling well.  I curled up with comfy blankets and pillows and finished off S2 of the now canceled NBC show 'Smash'.  I loved the first season, the creation, workshop and mounting of a musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe and waited patiently for the second season to be released on DVD.  It came out on the 6th of this month.  It arrived in my mailbox two days later and I'm already finished.  While the first season was all about character development, the musical and the music, the second season packed an emotional punch.  I didn't weep once first season but in the last half of the second I was a sobbing fool! I am sad it was axed by the network because it was original, full of characters you just fall in love with and root for.  Despite it being canceled, they ended it on a perfect note.  I'm going to really miss it and spending time on Broadway.

Happy Sunday to you and yours.  Go easy and count your blessings, another work week is upon us.

In propinquity,
Nic

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm ... if I had to dissect this elephant, I'd say it's a fine description of the creative flow being interrupted by our minds as we create. Like an attention-starved two-year-old, and ain't that the irony?

    I'm glad you had a good weekend, kid. Might look into Smash myself, since you recommend it so highly :)

    ReplyDelete