Thursday, July 18, 2013

How To Write Good


I saw this the other day and saved it to share here.  After reading, 'avoid alliteration always' I busted a gut and couldn't stop. I'm still plugging away at my projects and writing poems while managing daily life and other sundry affairs.  I keep conjuring up humorous tidbits to throw in 'Other Pearls' (which is Binnie Blessing's story and partly my story).  They are adding up but the trick will be fitting them in their proper place.  I am still a little unnerved by the fact that I'm not writing pages of story and still jotting but I'm still being creative, thinking and feeling, listening and observing.  Those things still count.  I've also been blessed with another bit of Ruthie's prose to read.  I hope to find time this weekend for reading that and doing some serious writing.  Oh, and I still haven't tried the haiku I threatened to write.  Maybe I'll do that tonight.  

Short and sweet today.  Like me.  Be good.

In propinquity,
Nic


1 comment:

  1. *wipes tears from eyes* Ohhhh ... these are good! I particularly liked number 9; I bet someone who works in the public service contributed that one.

    Just a note on your puzzle pieces - if I read her blog correctly, Erin Morgenstern wrote the Night Circus as a bunch of scenes that had to be threaded together when she was done. I write from start to finish so the concept of bits and pieces scares the heck out of me, but apparently it's not uncommon for some writers to build a story from an incoherent pile of scraps. I want to try it myself (yeah, right).

    There you go again, breaking new ground, my bravehearted Bean!

    ReplyDelete