Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Affliction


It happened.  I caught it.  Writer’s block.  It hurts.  Make it stop.

Not a good way to start the month of July.  I’m half way through a new story and came to a sudden stop.  Now, it appears I have to endure some of those obligatory exercises to exorcise my block.  I knew the creative stream, would slow down to a mere trickle but I didn’t anticipate the agony.  It’s as if my whole noggin is empty!  I am desperate to tap back into my character’s life.  Her story.

Pray for me.

In propinquity,
Nic

2 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooo! Nic, I feel your pain! Be of good cheer, however; the best way to outwit the fiend is through acceptance. I have heard that a block is a block because you call it so. If you accept that today writing is simply not meant to happen, then you can relax. Struggling against it only causes frustration. So brew some tea, read a book, do a crossword, take a nap, listen to music ... distract your mind and your creative spirit will quietly overcome.

    I'll get on the "sending good energy" vibe forthwith :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I got home I pulled 'Dressed Up For The Carnival' off the shelf and threw Matt Epp's new disc on. I am also going to get my Post-It Table Top Pad out and maybe brainstorm a little. Feeling a little lost without my flow.

      Delete