Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fill Your Paper


I've got no poetry today.  I'm working on a few little things but they are still seedlings and as far as prose is concerned, I'm at a standstill with 'Large-Hearted' as well as brainstorming other new pieces.  It's ok for now though, I was thinking since I'm feeling strained, it was time to crack the books.  By that I mean read a bit.  I was mulling over choices for my next purchase when suddenly I receive a large envelope in the mail, Ruthie's latest short story!  Perfect timing me thinks.  It's fantastic and so I rushed home today to put pen to paper and wrote all of my thoughts and gushy feelings to her.  I was so excited that it's already in the mailbox waiting to be picked up!  

What else this week, oh, Alice Munro is retiring.  Bummer.

Also, if you could, keep my best friend's mom in your prayers.  She started her first round of chemo this week.  Sweet June deserves all the love and positive energy you can muster.  

Oh, I keep threatening myself to a Haiku challenge.  I can't write them for beans.  Maybe while I'm brainstorming, jotting and praying I'll work on the little beasts.

Short and sweet today, like me.

And before I forget, Sheree Fitch released a non-fiction piece on Fierce Ink Press today.  She is worth reading and supporting.  Check it out.  There is a Kindle Edition and an EPUB.  It's an important piece and some of the proceeds are going to a good cause.  

In propinquity,
Nic

PS - Isn't the above Wordsworth quote marvelous?

1 comment:

  1. I love writerly quotes, lol!

    Reading time is scarce when I'm writing a lot, so this is a good reminder to keep the mojo working by delving into another author's work. I love to read and I love to write, one never more than the other (well, okay, maybe one trumps the other a teensy bit) and I inevitably emerge inspired. I hope you will, too, precious Bean.

    I'll send good energy June's way, trusting that all will proceed is planned and for the benefit of all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete