Thursday, June 9, 2016

Little Foul Joy


Little Foul Joy

it wasn’t yesterday
a drolly aggrieved girl
turned to a blank page
in an overfed notebook
& scribbled a sequence
of roseate words

heart of waiting
cannot be undone
                love is an ending

in her book of small sorrows      
                sweetness still flows

little foul joy
                this poem’s accomplice

**

I was feeling a little edgy this afternoon, ants in my pants kind of edgy: and so I took the thoughts that were swirling around in my day-dreams and spun them into a poem. It's just a little something to stretch the creative muscles, keep the fingers nimble, and the fires burning. I in truth, I was flipping and flopping between this wee verse and another that wont' be ready until tomorrow, won't make sense until then as well. And it never hurts when I am feeling as I am for Ryan Adams to sound on the CBC station that keeps me company at my work desk. Hearing his music always conjures up the urge to write and for that I am grateful.

Nothing else but the radio ...

In propinquity,
Nic


No comments:

Post a Comment