Friday, June 10, 2016

Pardon The Intrusion



Pardon The Intrusion

pardon the intrusion
prosperous Champion
                but
your spirit is with me
always
like on wounded knee
in the Mojave desert
afore a rooted marvel
arms raised        
                out-stretched
toward the high Heavens
gifting a soft song in your
                honour
pardon my brave resolve
I am
your unflinching friend
heart like a mockingbird
anchorage for your magical
                character
amid an army of affection
                & leafy boughs
if we gathered up all our
words & we spread them
across safe starlit gable
instantly after nightfall
all the burnt rubble would
                bloom
because I am your parallel
steadfast in the poet’s lot
our music tuned to the same
                chord
pardon the intrusion
heartened legionnaire
I only mean to tell you
that even in the ruins of
                poetry
wandering is not an error
home is always a home
built strong until our last
                days
pardon the intrusion
while I profess
these things
to you with willing praise

**

I was blessed with three older brothers, all of whom mean the world to me and have served as male role models my whole life. I am celebrating of them today, on the day of his birth, with a poem. It only seems fitting to honour him, my creative sibling, with a poem.

Happy fifty-teen-ish birthday, TJ.

In propinquity,

Nic


No comments:

Post a Comment