Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sun Stands Still


Sun Stands Still

when earth is most
inclined to the sun
& it sinks beneath
the brave horizon
on the longest day
of the year
I am a Reveler
in a warm knit-sweater
spread out on a blanket
w/ a thermos of green tea
Buffy Sainte Marie tapes
summer solstice ready
                a strawberry moon
it is worth looking up
it will not appear again
for a good many years
                under amber glow
I am grateful for being
                & pray for time

**

This poem is a little late. I’d have shared it sooner but I was still fussing with it up until a few minutes ago. I was re-organizing a few clunky lines, I finally managed to make them work.

On Monday, we say the full June moon rise on the summer solstice. The Northern hemisphere hasn’t seen once since 1967, the Summer of Love. It was rare and worth observing. I hope you were able to ponder in wonder, even if just for a moment.

And, what’s this I hear about a potential Canada Post strike!? Holy haystacks! How will I card tag with Ru!? Send Alya books!? Postcross!? Amazon!?  Yes, I used Amazon as verb, sue me. This is not happy news to my still achy on occasion ears. Blerg.

One more sleep until Friday. I’m anxious to sleep in. I am tres tired this week.

In propinquity,

Nic

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine which lines were the clunky ones. It's all poetry to me, ha ha.

    As for the potential postal strike ... dare I say thank the gods for social media???? But I'll be choked 'cause I have yet to bust open my Star Trek stamps for card tag. Humph.

    ReplyDelete