Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Steinbeck Redux

Just an extension of the fantastic Steinbeck quote I posted earlier.  This, a wee post as I am heading out of a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend full of friends, family, blessings and two turkey comas.  I'm back in full swing at my work desk and back to writing.  I meant to write this past weekend but I was busy socializing, eating and reading and resting.  I did scribble but I've gotten a page more into 'Burden' today so that's all that matters.  I'm attending a writer's 'meeting of the minds' tonight with my Open Heart Forgery friends and look forward to that. I'll be sure to get somewhere early enough to have a bite to eat and read more pages of Stephanie Domet's excellent new novel. I started reading it yesterday and I'm half way through.  I should slow down as to savor it but I need to be done for next week when I attend the book launch at The Carleton.

Today, new records by East Coast favorites The Stanfields AND Adam Baldwin are released.  It's a good day for music!

Things to look forward to this week:  Matthew Good Friday evening at the Rebecca Cohn and a pumpkin adventure on Saturday.

Back at 'er!

In propinquity,
Nic



1 comment:

  1. Another one for my bulletin board! I must, absolutely MUST, take this advice to heart if only to stop doing what I know is wrong in the process. That "rewriting as you go" has killed many a project. On the bright side, now I know I'm not crazy for saying the dialogue aloud as I type - I've done that for years!

    Bean, you find the best snippets!

    ReplyDelete