Monday, October 21, 2013

Look At Us



Look At Us

you saved my life
one evening beneath the stars

no signs to guide us
just your clever words

your confidence
keeps balance in the world

I am again with you today
saving your life in the sun

with the lure of writing
opening up before us

the wide expanse of the sea
the broad flight above the bay

between earth and cloud
between space and wet sand

we are right to marvel
we are right to travel

forward
together

look at us
look at you
look at me

our voices loud and laughing
sailing off beyond a mast of trees

mapping out colors with wings
skimming the tops of our heads

by some saving grace of heart
of starry nights and sunny morns

our presence upon this surface
faces the glory of light in which

we are made

**

My wonderful writer friend Haley will probably kill me for posting this but I found it today and feel like it needs to be shared.  She and I did a writing exercise based on the enclosed photo and mine came to me poem form.

I am working on 'Burden' and this sort of melted my heart thinking of my characters and their circumstances. It seems as fitting as it does opposing.  Eventually that will make sense, as in, when my story is complete.

I hope she will forgive me, after all, I'm pretty cute.

In propinquity,
Nic


3 comments:

  1. Have you been watching Ter and me this weekend? You've written about us, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote this some time ago but I was thinking the same thing after I read your blog and then read the poem back! I love how it resonates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Further evidence that we three are connected on a universal level!

      Delete