Sunday, September 29, 2013

Prehistoric Romance



Prehistoric Romance

it is time you were told
that I have divided our
prehistoric romance into
four different stanzas

one for the first glance
one for the last kiss
one for the first night
one for the last fight

I penned a cycle
of speculative poems
about your practiced flair
to invoke brief instants
of all-pervading joy

& fleeing

a prehistoric romance
a solemn literary relic

dedicated to you

**

Just typed this while moving through John Mayer's 'Battle Studies' record.  I killed it in 2009 when I bought it and for a time it held a special place in my heart and then for a really long while I couldn't stand a single song until I moved resolved some internal wars.  I have fallen in love with the record again.  I must be to have scribbled this down while listening.

Not much of an entry.  I attempted to sit down in the quiet of my writing room in my jams with tea to conjure an ending for 'Too Much To Contain'.  I am stuck and admittedly I am slightly frustrated.  Maybe my desire for the end to be clear is the problem.  So, I will stew.  I will wait.  In the meantime though I am afraid that I will get caught up in new ideas for a forthcoming story yet to be titled.  Too many stories, too little writing time.

For now, I will rest.  Think, dream, think, devise.  The work never ceases. It's good, challenging work. I am grateful for my gift.  

In propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment