Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Minority Myself


Minority Myself

a minority myself

I encountered
a poet
who mattered

with a body of
uncompromised
writing

images juxtaposed
lovely and risky
free of literary despair

a minority myself

I long to make

comparable
statements

be shackled by the
sheen of relevance

write words
                plentiful
                inimical
                astute
                sparse
                affecting
                earnest
to devastate
to altercate
to overwhelm
to equivocate
to enunciate
to augment

a minority myself

I swing for the fences
scrawling
what happens

with a temperate pen
with an authorial ego
with an anorexic heart

for me first
then for you

convinced I belong with
my contemporaries
and in your conscious

**

Day two where I should be fully focused on writing but I picked up a bit of a bug or something and ended up in bed at 8:30pm last night.  I have Zumba class tonight so I am making every effort to settle my stomach and drum up some energy.  I don't like to miss it, the session only started last week and I paid for it.  I am hoping after my soup and some something from a kettle I'll feel more like myself.  The goal is to make it through the work day and Zumba.  Fingers crossed.

Along with my story scribbles and looking forward to Word On the Street this coming weekend, I penned the above poem.  A wee Tuesday offering.  Is it Friday yet?

In propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment