Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Permissionary


The feast of Saint Valentine is upon us.  However you celebrate (if you in fact do celebrate) and with whom, I certainly hope it is a joyous occasion for you.  I’ll be flying solo but there’ll be no shortage of love.  This year, I am humbly expressing my undying affection to my Muse.  My writing adventures of late have been so fruitful and challenging and liberating, how could I not shower my passion, my reverence, my commitment to such an ardent presence?  At present, the Muse is not one specific person as in bygone days.  Currently, it behaves like a whole universe of suitors eager to show me the sweet splendors of the world, willing to touch me, embrace me and then let me run free, naked to the possibilities.  Cupid may have missed me on his drive-by but I’m not disappointed.  Love disappeared as quickly as it came for me and the best recourse is to focus all emotion on the task at hand, what I was made to do and that is to write.  Until such time that I am smitten by a male human form again, I will endow my Muse with gifts, words, sentences, stories and poems.  There is truth and certainty in the grammar, explicit with pure intentions.

I will also be spending February 14th, the evening anyhow, with a package that arrived from the west coast.  My dear friend sent me a crisp copy of her current short story and it delighted me more than anything chocolate or Hallmark.  I will be stationed somewhere after work, in a quiet corner, with coffee or wine and her pages.  It is indeed a love celebration, fit for a writer.  I peeked at the first few pages before sleep last night and am incredibly excited to devote a whole evening to reading.  I will, the following day, a day off from work for me, go sit at my coffee place and write to her all of my gushy musings on her latest offering.  I am alight with joy to receive new work from my kindred.

This poem is a love letter for all of those who continue to offer their support and encouragement with my writing.  I am so grateful to have such tender and intelligent people all squished into my cheering section.  Their feedback, their belief and their love of words are unwavering and I love them with all my heart.


Permissionary

thank you
for granting 
me permission

to imagine

I write for love
I write for truth

better art
is challenged
is counter-clockwise

thank you
for crossing my 't's
for dotting my 'i's

my human heart
my fertile pen

move for you
permissionary

with ease
with grace

I create
I believe

**


Cinnamon hearts for everyone!  Romantics of the world unite!

In (loving) propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment