Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Daughter


I've been saving this poem until I could polish it a little bit more.  It's sentimental and dear to my heart due to the dedication.  The darling human this was written for has shaped my heart so sweetly since meeting her and while the subject matter, an inside joke given our age difference, could be taken as cheeky, truly is cemented.  She is goodness and very important to me.  I put in a poem.  I hope she doesn't mind.

Daughter
(for M.C.)

quite by accident

I wandered into your loveliness
& a certain cheerfulness lingered

I admired your peaceful expression
I was waiting for someone made of stars

it is peaceful here with you so far away from everything
following your heart song in the quietness of afternoon

when we gather up our words to speak they sound like laughter
& in those moments you resemble the summer of the world

like a daughter your presence eases the weight of heavy things
like a daughter I suddenly burst into light each time you smile

in a poem one line after the other
your beauty is sustained by verbs

stretched out on a refined piece of fresh paper
& perfectly like a surprise you come to life

quite by accident

I came to love you as my own
I will never leave you

**

Not much else to report other than I made excellent progress on my new story in my downtime, compiling all of my notes I've been scribbling.  I'm getting into the meat of it now, the purpose of the story I suppose.  Can't wait to see what happens.  

I love writing.

In propinquity,
Nic




No comments:

Post a Comment