Monday, February 18, 2013

This Poem


This Poem

this poem
is a fingerprint
controlled abandon
wide-eyed, joyful

this poem
has infinite potential
words tumble forth
soaked in familiar patterns
drenched in description

this poem
was born whole
unedited, free-flowing
defining a moment

influencing the rhythm

the voice of my body
the choir of my skin

this poem
is a living breathing
thing

**

Nothing much to report today.  It's every bit a Monday and hard to swallow after having three days off. All I have to offer is a small poem, penned in between busy spurts at work, the main intent to keep my focus sharp and my heart full of ease.  Writing does that so that was my game plan.  It helps me stay centered.  Not much time today to be verbose on the page but rest assure that every syllable counts and helps.  Blogging is breathing.

Hope the start of your week, if it is indeed the start, is a prosperous one.

In propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment