Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little Stubborn



Terribly long week.   I had a trying day yesterday.  Emotions, hormones and all that crazy jazz had me in a tizzy.  There were moments where I felt like I might snap and bust open into a million little pieces. Those kinds of days are few and far between for me but it goes without saying, I dislike them intently.  I started a poem but I couldn’t write, I was too uptight and every muscle in my body was screaming.  I couldn’t focus and it took me almost the entire commute home to start breathing with ease.  A quiet visit with a dear friend turned the day around for me and afterward the latest episode of ‘Californication’ sung me into a deep sleep.  I heart Hank Moody.

The bright side is I possess focus today and despite the dreary weather I polished off this poem in my down-time and am ready to share.

On another happy note, THREE MORE SLEEPS UNTIL TRAGICALLY HIP!  I am very much looking forward to a day out with my best friend, dinner at The Wooden Monkey and then taking our seats for the show.  It’s been a very long time since The Hip and my hero Gord Downie rolled into town and graced us with their presence.  I am terribly excited and getting more so with each passing second!  I’m such a music nerd.

 And now, poetry:

A Little Stubborn

often we tell ourselves
‘he loves us too much’

when he walks away
so beautiful & promising

a little stubborn to the truth
a little blind to the naked facts

but time will stop
everything will cease

morning will not come easily
after you’ve traced his steps

to a blithe smile in a doorway
or through her open window

&

in the bend of your next embrace
it is wholesome lonesomeness

to write a story while occupied
by devious man’s rapaciousness

all of the names have been changed
but it is love that pins us down

&

makes us a little stubborn
makes us a little more tenacious

to have the opportunity to prove
our affections are more than anecdotes

**

Here’s a kindness challenge for you today – hug your Mom.  She loves your hugs.

In propinquity,
Nic


No comments:

Post a Comment