Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wild Mind & A Disciplined Eye


I am still pecking at my story, currently on the 23rd page of its creation.  I slowed down a bit this week to allow the not so creative side of my brain to function for work.  It's a challenge when I favor my imagination but it's a must or else the bills won't get paid and I won't be able to afford a writing life.

I bought the new Mitch Albom book 'The First Phone Call From Heaven' and started reading it last night.  I had a heck of a job putting it down to turn out my light.  Once I started reading it, I couldn't stop.  Albom has such a tender way with words, a thoughtful approach to storytelling and he does it with well-timed ease.  I learn something from his beautiful stories each time and I encourage others to read his work.  It isn't edgy or thrilling but it's heartwarming and human, goodness is always present.  My kind of theme.  I am in the middle of my work day and all I can think about is a cup of tea and the inside of my book.  Oh, and my jammies.

I broke through a bit of an obstacle in the current project.  I was required to write a eulogy and it took me some time to wrap my head around.  I have the bones of it complete but it'll need to be fleshed out at a later date.  Perhaps some inspiration from this Albom book will enable me to fortify the small section?  Here's hoping.  I can write fiction for hours on end but eulogies are hard.

It's raining cats and dogs here today.  Wind and rain warnings are in effect for tonight.  I'll be safe and sound reading and with any luck alight with the courage to press on.

Little updates, they seem so meager but alas I still must share.  I should write a poem soon, you know, to keep up the appearance that my mind is wild and my eye is disciplined.

In propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment