Monday, November 18, 2013

November Rain


It's been a rainy November so far.  I'm starting to get a bit of the Christmas spirit despite the weather.  We have had a few flurries and a few frigid cold days but now that I'm almost done shopping for the holidays I'm starting to feel festive.  I've got my stack of cards ready to get going as well.  I'm short so I'll have to shop for more but I don't mind that, stationary lover me.

I haven't been blogging but that doesn't mean I'm not writing.  Quite the contrary.  I'm currently pecking away at a piece called 'We Are Not Old Women'.  That's the tentative title anyhow.  I'm about 16 pages in and am enjoying the slow fluid pace it's coming in.  I write in spurts but when I write, it's fruitful.  It won't be something I will post here due to its length and the formatting would be a nightmare.  With my connectivity issues at home, I fear I'd have a meltdown and my home computer is a piece of junk.  I really need a laptop.  Something with Windows XP and/or Microsoft Office 10.  Then I'm compatible everywhere I write.  Needless to say,  while I am pleased with the piece's progress and the peaceful page, I'm frustrated to not be able to come home after work and write deep into the night.  That NEEDS to change.  As soon as the pennies allow.

Doris Lessing passed away.  A sad event for readers, writers and women of the world.  I plan to take a moment this evening to remember her, I will observe a moment of silence and say a prayer, light a candle.  Her passing also filtered into my story today as another way of honoring a fallen sister.  

Count blessings, promote a little peace. Be good.

In propinquity,
Nic

2 comments:

  1. Funny how much writing you can get done when you're not blogging, eh, Beanie? Your connectivity issues are truly distressing because I miss your wit, wisdom and poetry - you're my daily dose of propinquity and you keep me sane.

    I hope Santa gets in gear and brings you that laptop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Best paper editing services

    ReplyDelete