Monday, December 2, 2013

A Poet Dances



What I love most about this current story I'm writing is that while I am getting to flex my fiction muscles, I'm also able to still be an active poet.  Poetry is shared back and forth between Imelda and Brucha in a neat kind of way.  It's been writing verse for each of them and I hope their voices come through.  I am currently working on a poem now but I stopped momentarily for a five minute dance party to shake my snow globe and get my mojo focused.

What am I listening to you ask?  There's a GREAT song on Avicii's record that features Adam Lambert and Nile Rogers.  It's the funkiest thing I've heard in a long time.  It's a truly bitchin' track.  If you love the funk of Chic and Nile's swanky guitar riffs, you are going to love it.  It makes my pants get up and dance and it's a true feel-good song.  I wish I had a whole dance floor to sweep with my two left feet but my writing room rug will have to do.

I have a birthday looming.  It's a big one.  Part of me is scared for me, part of me is proud of me.  I think that I have, in the past few years, grown to be a good person, a better person - from love, loss, lessons, and a wealth of experience. I have really worked on my character,  in being kind and just, I have really come to know the true meaning of goodness and am working now on further cultivation of my spiritual self.  I am still a little scared, of the uncertainty really.  Of reaching an age and knowing that there are still things I desire, I long for but know that I can only achieve those things if I continue to better my person.  And that's the beauty of big birthdays, revelation, contentment and and maturity.  As I head into a new decade of my journey, my focus will be on heart, health and creativity.  

Wish me luck.

Back to writing.  After 'Lay Me Down' with the headphones and to get my groove going.

In propinquity,
Nic

1 comment:

  1. Nile and Adam on the same track? You can't lose! Music is such a vital aid to the creative process, how wonderful to find inspiration (and joy) in another's work. And as I say, those two together are TNT!

    ReplyDelete