Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Muddler



Muddler

favored
pursuits
include
(& are not
limited to)
appearing
abstruse and perspicuous
plummeting to turbid depths
& resurfacing gregarious
            also enjoyed
befogging
stupefying
&
while they try to decipher
            my muddle
            my bungle
gamboling
headfirst
into
the subsequent swindle

***

My writer pal threw a little writing prompt at me the other day but I wasn’t able to get around to it until early this morning. I forgot my book on my morning commute so I plucked away at it to keep myself busy after fussing over the crossword in the daily paper. I needed to use the word ‘turbid’ in a poem.

The above is the result. It. Was. Fun.

In propinquity,
 Nic




2 comments:

  1. Excellent dodge, Bean! Burying one mysterious word among other mysterious words to make a glorious ... well ... mysterious poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to read this one aloud at the OHF launch of their 75th issue and it was fun to share with a room of poets.

    ReplyDelete