Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Equidistant



Equidistant

Point A

coffee-stained
handwritten pages
w/ terse crossings out
& prickly margin notes

Point B

wilted flowers atop a
fifty pound dictionary
w/ its pages dog-eared
& perused voraciously

we
work quietly together at
opposite ends of the desk
& still make time to meet
in the kitchen where we
both prefer to cut the crust
off of cucumber sandwiches
yours just with butter
&
mine with cream cheese
at least
we agree
on
black coffee

***

My bud challenged me to a wee writing exercise, to write a poem using the word ‘equidistant’ as the title.

The above poem was the result.

In propinquity,
Nic

           
           
           



2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what "equidistant" means, but I sure like the poem! "Terse crossings out and prickly margin notes" indeed. And now I'm hungry ... cuke and cream cheese works for me.

    ReplyDelete