Monday, July 16, 2018

Three Things



Three Things

there are
three things
you should
know about
me

I
have
a deep
hunger
for
metaphors

possess
a strong
virtue for
creativity

&

am often
guilty of
purposeful
delay

***

It’s been a good while since my bud offered up writing prompts. I got one this morning so I opted to abandon my unfinished crossword puzzle and peck. It felt good.

I have been wrestling with a new short-story lately. I’ve got about three pages down but my brain is full of fog and noise so it isn’t coming as fast as I’d like. I seem to lack focus. I’d blame it on summer but I wrote every single summer day with Sillyheart last year so I can’t use that excuse. I suppose it’s just me with my private junk. I need to figure out a way to re-commit to creativity beyond poetry. I’m grateful for the poems but I want the meat and guts of fiction, I’m yearning for it. Perhaps that’s the problem? Wanting it so badly? It’s difficult to ascertain.

This little ditty came quite easily this morning on my commute while holding my breath as a result of weed smokers with poor hygiene. How I miss the weekend.  

Happy Monday, folks!

In propinquity,
Nic



No comments:

Post a Comment