Thursday, October 4, 2018

Lone Figure Wandering




Lone Figure Wandering

so this
breezy character
a lone figure wandering
is indeed condescending
trampled over my T-Rex
records & my brittle bones
w/ demands to be indulged
& adored in a tenor that
verges on preachy
            imagine
harrowing chic flashing
a half smile in oppressive
light prowling backstage
through a cluttered green
room in pursuit of a tawdry
interlude
            if I were
to paint it the scene would
be a collection of agitated
brushstrokes or big blots of
ominous tints to aptly depict
            antagonistic intent
simmering tensions rise &
my gaze becomes unmoving
& hard
watching
wrong-headed
sharp cheeks &
teased out tresses blow brass
horns & pluck delicate harps
believing it will elicit a steady
magic but I’ve already heard
the plum notes
played by someone
mesmeric one jet black night
not so long ago
                        it is impossible
to strive for constant
perfection &
not be muzzled by indifference
            if I were
to sit down & write about this in
detail
I’d squeeze out a parable
that’d require your full attention
& alongside
my countless estimations
I          
wouldn’t shy away from saying
those tassels were too distracting
for an equivocal vagrant to be
twirling in everyone’s face but
never mention my own stockings
& pointed shoes

***

Moral?

Here’s a hint, it’s got a little something to do with judgement. 

Take from it what you will, artistic heart.

In propinquity,
Nic




No comments:

Post a Comment