Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Dinkytown



Dinkytown

            when all seems lost
I recall another time when I
dressed in vintage t-shirts &
courderoy flares
wore my hair long & straight
& the scent of sandalwood
curled through the air
                        accidental days gone
by
when I wore floral blouses to greasy
spoons for strong coffee w/ a sugar-
coated bare chested bearded man &
a time when I
brazenly turned to the Dylans both
Bob & Thomas
            for mild mischief
when all seems lost
                        time travel is possible
do not go gentle into that Dinkytown …

***

My bud came along with a prompt this morning, Bob Dylan. Ironically, ‘Subterranean Homesick Blues’ shuffled on while I was deep in thought.  I considered writing a poem about throwing heavily markered cue cards in an alley but that seemed lazy, no? Where this little ditty came from, I’ve no idea except to note the correlation between the two Dylans and a specific time and place I wish I had witnessed.

In propinquity,
Nic




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete