Thursday, May 19, 2016

back/flash



back/flash

leaning into a
heart-hammering embrace
feel good hit of the summer
tickling an eager ear from lips   
                like sugar

a girl puts on a record    
                to remember

**

You know how now and then you catch a face in a crowd and the sight causes your memory to rewind, flash-back to the most obscure long-gone moments? And so, this poem.

The May long weekend, for me, begins at 4pm. I took an extra day off, tomorrow (Friday), to get in extra quality time with Chelsey and Ayla Grace before the pack up and head west. There is a plan for a quiet adventure and outdoor activity with my best bud and her kiddies on Saturday and then the rest of the weekend I plan to read, write, relax, hang with my Mama and my cat. In jams. For days. Well, two! I welcome the break from my routine to regroup and start afresh.

In other news, I submitted more work to a magazine today. Pluggin' away at my craft.

However you spend yours, I hope it’s marvelous!

In propinquity,

Nic

3 comments:

  1. YES! Is this why I'm streaming 70s and 80s? Nostalgia is big with me right now. Every tune is a memory. Some long forgotten, some best forgotten, every one a treasure from my past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one better left forgotten but fit nicely into a little poem.

      Delete
    2. Then I'm glad you remembered it, lol.

      Delete