Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Lost Boy


Lost Boy

when we lost you
I sat in front of my
Kmart radio and wept

your absence
was not a fate
but a deep fury

amplified by losing
the privilege to visit
and watch you grow

too much to abide
dealing in despair
grasping memories

it was a long-lived
and sullen loneliness
the forced separation

you became the shadows
in all of my short-stories
quiet whispers in my poems

when we lost you
my heart capsized
my lungs closed

no words would come
I was unable to pray
I couldn’t find you

yet I love you

(always)
as if you

weren’t lost to us at all

**

Small poem. Big meaning.

In propinquity,
Nic

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This one hurts. If I may be so clinical, the phrase "my heart capsized" just flattened me. I perceive an untimely death, not fate but something more sinister that bears the same result. I'm sorry, sweetie. Yikes, this one really hits hard.

    More bravery. More beauty sprung from it. More love from me to you.

    ReplyDelete