Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Amor, etc.



Amor, etc.

champions of universal abundance
need not possess corresponding verbs
to inherit a charitable core of grace

just to believe in the marvels of nature
to consider love an unexplainable mystery
is response enough to attain such earthly joy

benevolent artifacts are prescribed nouns
but amor bares all resemblances to Delight
unconditional, lionized, selfless, altruistic

let love alter your pride in life’s calamity
let love sate your hunger for ample ruin
let love embrace the fear of your burdens

champions of universal goodness
need not worry over the present moment
they’ll gather up their words and emit light

amor, etc …

**

After watching the Remembrance Day ceremony on CBC, like so many others I know, I spent the day exercising my pen. I sat to finish this poem and ended up having one of those 'out of body' writing sessions. It wasn't until I received a text from a friend that I snapped out of it and back to reality. After this poem I started looking at notes for Tilda's story but somehow ended up starting from scratch on an older story idea. In that session, I feverishly wrote almost 5000 words! My eyeballs are sore and my shoulder is burning but hellllls yes! Way to go, self! It was magical, zoning out like that and accomplishing what I did. Of course, some of it is good and some of it is absolute crap but that can be addressed in the edit. This mid-week ease, made possible by the brave men and women who have served and serve our amazing country, was well spent. I also know it was a good writing session because I emerged from my room looking like absolute trash! Haha! No one said writing was a glamorous job.

In propinquity,
Nic


No comments:

Post a Comment