Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Back Then



Back Then

that
night
the exact
            night
I knew
I idolized
you
I wore  
my hair swept
over one
wide eye
            &
shagged around a 
jilted dance-floor
Slippery People’
            boomed
remember how
much we loved
Talking Heads?
we made
a lot of
flippy
            floppy
back then
just two
New Romantics
            bopping

***

I was listening to Talking Heads and came across the accompanying photo online. Song and image inspired the verse. Pretty cut and dry. I had fun with the whole combination -- listening, looking, and writing.

In propinquity,
Nic
           

1 comment:

  1. The perfect storm for a poem, eh? I love when sight and sound combine to inspire me - it happens a lot more than you'd think! Nice to see it happening for you, too, Nic. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete