Friday, February 12, 2016

Old Fever



Old Fever

between a cup of sweet tea
& a bowl of stemmed strawberries
with sour cream and brown sugar
I find myself seized with the longing
for an old fever
that likened me to an astronaut in orbit

we never know precisely what to want

**

With the cupid's holiday looming, one I do not believe in despite it's origins, I pose a poem. A single gal's guide to not looking back, but forward, open-hearted.  I of course am a romantic by nature and have penned my fair share of love poems but Valentine's Day should be observed daily with all relationships, romantic and otherwise. Your people should always feel loved and appreciated and shown, not just told. But that's just me.

Having said all that, I can easily get behind any excuse to exchange chocolate, stationary and other sundry goodness. Just seems so much nicer when they are just because.

I am ending my Friday with a a grande Mint Majesty from Starbucky Bucks (thanks Phil!) and a little jaunt out in the deep-freeze before heading home to hunker down. Snow is expected tomorrow but then Sunday it's Galentine's Day! THAT, is worth celebrating. A gelato date with my best bud to celebrate life, friendship and frozen treats!  It's also a long weekend, holiday Monday, so I have an extra day for reading, loafing and creative thinking. Sounds idyllic, no?

Happy Friday, folks!

I leave you with one of the most beautiful love songs ever written by my amazing friend Matt Epp:



In propinquity,
Nic

1 comment:

  1. A poignant truth, presented as an exquisite confection. Simply delicious. I particularly like the smoky salt in the final line.

    ReplyDelete