Thursday, April 4, 2013

Literary Scene



Literary Scene

a typewriter
one piece of paper
& a bottle of red wine

I rise to the occasion

a cadence of words
to wrestle with ambition
& a palm full of virtue

I accept the challenge

w/out trepidation
w/out extortion

I think
I drink
I write

**

Feeling a little blue today, a little blah.  So, a teeny poem (again) and I'll be on my way.  I didn't have the chance to peck too much at my new story so I'm only sitting at 788 for a total word count.  Nothing much to write home about, eh?  

I have an errand after work and then I'm throwing myself in my bed with a movie and some tea.  I don't know if I'm just lethargic today or I'm coming down with a touch of a cold.  A lot of sneezing from yours truly today.

Happy Thursday, folks.

In propinquity,
Nic

1 comment:

  1. I like the image this one presents - settling in place for inspiration and having help on hand just in case :) I used to think your shorter poems were easier to interpret than the longer ones, and while this is still mostly true, I've learned that some works depend on the reader to decide what they mean. As a writer, I get this one from a creator's POV. Someone else might just think it's a pretty picture, or wonder what the heck you're trying to say 'cause it ain't that obvious, lol.

    It's obvious to me. I love it.

    ReplyDelete