Friday, July 20, 2012

I Am Amelia Earhart



My brother married a super-hero.  Some of you know her well, some of you know of her because I often brag about her and those of you who don’t know her would love her.  My sister-n-law is a wonderful human who has a birthday coming up, and in honour of that I am giving her the gift of words (early) because I am a firm believer in goodness and grace, decency and love.  She embodies all of those things and so much more.

She deserves the following poetic accolades for thousands of reasons, all of which I can’t list here because there are just too many.  She has had a harrowing few years and I have watched her move through personal tragedy with poise and bravery.  She loves my brother unconditionally, guides two beautiful kids with a kind but firm rule and she’s the best kind of friend you could hope for.

Leanne is the one who forced me out of bed when my heart was broken, she’s made me martinis so strong that my eyes have popped out and has made me laugh so hard I almost pee my pants.  She is a miracle worker in a kitchen (one word: stew) and she lives her life everyday promoting positivity and kindness.  If you have the good fortune of knowing her, you are already aware of her riches.  I want to celebrate them here, because she deserves a nod and to be told she’s appreciated.  She is a strong, prominent woman, someone I admire, someone I adore.

Happy (early) birthday, Leanne.

I Am Amelia Earhart

‘If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.’ – Oprah Winfrey

Infallible woman,

you are celebrated evidence
pure magnificence exists
one who glides eroded language
into finely fashioned arias

a beacon of courageous command
for those seeking higher altitude
from time’s unequivocal ambrosia
of alarm and apprehension

to a parlor of peace and contentment.

You are elevated,
goodness personified.

Indelible woman,

you place deeply profound impressions
with your auspicious cannon of influence
yielding a rare composite of emotive affection
amassing a generous volume of esteem
earned from perseverance and charismatic petition

your wealth of wisdom and feminine tenacity
incites promptitude to the advisories commissioned
by life’s obstinate windfall s that threaten quietude
obstacles that challenge innumerable layers of benevolence

you succeed these with vibrant perspective and ease.

Others follow.

Immeasurable woman,

you build fortresses with your strength
you spur vigilance with your unwavering loyalty
you create harmony with your soulful nature.

Incredible woman,

you are perfect human instruction to describe
how the synapses of a brave heart soars
because you can say, ‘I am Amelia Earhart.'



Happy Friday, friendly readers and fellow creatives!  Tall Ships weekend here in Halifax which loosely translates into 'boats and beer'.  Wherever your weekend takes you, enjoy.

In propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment