Thursday, August 22, 2019

forgot, forgotten.


forgot, forgotten.

as soon as  
I realized you were lost (to me)
it was too late to fill the blazing void
that dun-colored morning you arranged a
quick departure across a soft sea of clouds
to the home of neon avenues & rolling hills
my eyes brimmed with tears
my heart mourned
as soon as
I found myself looking in from the outside
barred by a great wall of shielding shadows
grievous fair-haired obstacles posing as stern
substitutes for inspiration
            ingenious social butterflies who know
better than you or I (supposedly) – I understood
light no longer inhabits the stone &   
                                                from such darkness
I must survive the sun alone

***

My bud who sends me excellent writing prompts was on an internet hiatus. They went off the grid to travel and write and live and breathe. What a miraculous thing, yes?! I can’t say I’m not envious. That said, I woke this morning to this imagine in my email, a photo prompt. The words came fast. You should have seen the typos in my phone!

Another poem written always makes me feel good, especially since I’ve hit a brick wall with my project. I finished a creative non-fiction piece the other day and quickly started another, true to form with this ‘Family Ties’ project – but when I attempted to work on it. My head was empty. I don’t know what happened. Just suddenly, stuck. And with so much today. This prompt was timely. I likely won’t see another for awhile again but today I made something so yay me.

In propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment