Friday, April 26, 2019

Of All the Poems You Have Written


Of All the Poems You Have Written

it is my favorite
of all the poems you have
written
a single untitled sentence
jotted in jagged little lines
& stops more than half way
down a published page
the sentiment mute & modest
itemizes all of my certainties
a good long morning stretch
a powder pink sunrise
a spring breeze through an
open window
the smell of fresh cut grass
sharing a smile with a stranger
a warm drink on a cold day
re-reading a favorite book
jumping for joy
            planting seeds
giving thanks
I know you wrote it simply
& sweetly with me in mind
I don’t like
to make too much of such a
small thing      
but the understated beauty of
your unadorned language
makes my tiny heart sing
on the top of its lungs

***

I truly believe that the appearance of the sun in the sky today made this cheery poem possible.

Happy Friday, happy weekend!

In propinquity,
Nic



No comments:

Post a Comment