Tuesday, November 22, 2016

This Pause



This Pause

this pause
is for a poem
creative
redemptive
sanctifying
a horde of
raw material
                manipulated
to purge
the ugliness
                to forge
a path to beauty

**

My thoughts are full of strife at the moment and in looking for ways to ease them, a poem. I’ve been feeling quite left of center lately, so when inspiration strikes you grab it. You get your hands on it and you hold on tight. You don’t let it go: and so, a poem.

I will be seeking refuge shortly after I leave my work desk today; a jaunt in the cold, under a grey sky where daylight will slip away quickly. Errands. Well, one, acquiring a vessel to transport precious Christmas cargo west. It is an important task and one that will lift the spirits knowing that when I get home I can place all the pretty things inside with a little of my love and gratitude.

However you spend your evening, I hope it is delightful.

In propinquity,
Nic




No comments:

Post a Comment