Saturday, March 21, 2015

The True Path to Esthetic Ideals, Heroic Acts and the Promise of Knowledge


The True Path to Esthetic Ideals, Heroic Acts and the Promise of Knowledge

I unremittingly yield to my absolute ambition

the true path to esthetic ideals, heroic acts
and the promise of knowledge

it cannot be achieved through improvisation
nor can it be obtained by reducing the arrangement
early lessons suggest I must squash the quandary
emulsify the vicious medium and expel the hazards

this route leaves me stranded at night forgetting how to breathe
confused about a previous chapter its loose and pithy margins

my trembling hands hold up reoccurring dreams occasionally lost
imaginings fostered by hard moments and the charity of triumphs

the seams stitched with explicit instances of traveled light refined
curious lapses that one so pensive would waste the secretive season

I assiduously harvest every single second of my struggle

for the true path to esthetic ideals, heroic acts
and the promise of knowledge

I stand gazing up into a sky full of beautiful words alight

what you cannot find with your will you’ll find on the wind

**

I couldn't sleep much last night so I got myself some early morning fresh air and then came home and wrote this. My head was jumbled up and the only way I know how to un-jumble is to breathe in and write so that's exactly what I did.

Venturing out for an adventure of sorts with my bud today. Hopefully we get all the things we need to get done before the menacing weather starts. Mostly rain here I imagine but we shall see. Rain belongs in Spring, yes? Heaven help us.

However you spend your Saturday I hope it brings happiness into your heart.

In propinquity,
Nic

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I love that last line!!! All the way through, I was nodding and relating, then - BAM! - the last line slew me. This is a first class beauty. Thank you.

    I read your poems aloud, to capture the rhythm of the concept I might otherwise miss by reading in silence. Such eloquence, such beauty - even if I don't always understand what you're saying, there is music in the way you say it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered reading this one at the OHF gig at City Hall last week but I ended up going with Dad-themed poems. This was a contender though simply because of your comment. :)

      Delete