Sunday, December 30, 2012

Glitter Dust


Santa didn't forget to wax literary this holiday season!  Included in my West Coast Christmas box this year was this little gem, one of those most excellent 'paperblanks' books, the teeny one and inscribed on the first crisp page was, 'Glitter Dust' - a small notebook for small poems by Nicole D. Myers  (go to it girl!)  w/ love from Ru & Ter.  This fine offering came complete with a pretty rust coloured pen to match and delectable Purdy's chocolate for inspiration.  I count this as my most favorite gift this year.  I am grateful for their belief in my writing and their unending encouragement and support.  Along with all of their love and inspiration, I accept the challenge of turning this regal book into a volume of small poems!  

In fact, there's already and entry and you know I'm going to share it here:

Title This

under-fed writer
rationing tender 

words

to

voracious readers

title this

**

It'll be such a welcome exercise because I'm so ill-skilled at smaller verses and Haiku.  I can't wait to, at some point, thumb through these pages, full of words all because my beautiful friends dared me to.  I will carry it with me everywhere I go.  My new literary companion. 

Ru and Ter - you made my Christmas.  I love this more than I love Darth Tater (the latest addition to my potato head family) and he makes me hella happy.

We were meant to get quite a storm today but as it turns out, the rain is making more of a mess of the snow than we need.  We ladies were supposed to be brunching for my best friend's birthday but the weather  kept us inside.  We celebrated a touch early yesterday, shopping, dining and laughing.  It was a glorious day spent in the confines of friendship.  They are the best kind of days.  

In case I forgot to say it, Happy birthday, Erica.  You are a blessing personified. <3 

NYE preparations are in order today.  I have new shoes, a new handbag and some shiny accessories.  I look forward to stepping out with family for a rock show and my ride home in a champagne supernova.  2012 has been a slice, can't say I'll miss it.  I'm ready for onward and upward.  The best is yet to come.

Until next year, friendly readers.

In propinquity,
Nic






No comments:

Post a Comment