Friday, December 7, 2012

Distant Love

It’s a Friday, it’s sunny out and I've been stuck in my office all day feeling a migraine headache mounting.  Even with both of my eyeballs throbbing inside if my skull and my head pounding, I still managed to jot down a little poem; something soft and sweet, something secret and something sacred.  You can take from it what you like as is the beauty of all poetry, being open to individual interpretation or simply read for the pleasure of absorbing words.  It was written for a reason, for a certain human who owns a tiny corner of my heart.  And I find that sometimes, the tiniest corners are always the most thoughtful corners, where compassionate love swells.

Something wee tiny today:




Distant Love

distant love

your heart
a mockingbird

you will never
know just how

very close
your smile

is to God

**


I am looking forward to the weekend ahead.  I get to decorate my Christmas tree tomorrow with family, spend the evening with friends, birthday brunch on Sunday (yes the birthday continues!) and maybe a visit to my brother’s house a few hours away.  It’s been good to keep busy and in turn has helped me with the desire to keep writing.  Idle equals disaster for me, as long as I'm moving, the well is constantly full.

Short and sweet today, just like me.

Happy Friday, friendly readers.

You can go your own way.

In propinquity,
Nic


No comments:

Post a Comment