Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Anniversary



Anniversary

you
crossed my mind this morning
the time you grazed my shoulder
in the garden
with your dazzling wings
they shimmered in the sunbeams
yellow & burnt orange framed in
                black
graceful transmitters of messages
                of courage
                of conviction
                of patience
you confided the simplest truths
                the
universe surely is made of music
& that God’s capacity is so much
greater than man’s understanding
these moments
these small ceremonies
granted visions from the beyond
quantify the joys you left behind
& like
the wind in the weeping willows
my heart dangles in the open air
                I remember
our meeting as sweetly as our
                parting

**

A year ago today an extraordinary woman was taken far too soon. I remember her today, with love, sitting next to a sunny open window, the birds chirping and the breeze warm. This poem is my pause, to evoke her, her life, her heart and those she left behind to carry on her memory.

Miss you, Mama June Jackson.

In propinquity,
Nic




No comments:

Post a Comment