Friday, March 18, 2016

Collage Art - Ernest Hemingway


Collage number 2 is complete! I had a tattered copy of Ernest Hemingway’s ‘A Moveable Feast’, bought it for a mere dollar once upon a time, its pages were loose and falling out. While framing Sylvia, I came up with the bright idea for this one.

Initially the book’s spine and the back cover photo of Hem were not part of the action plan but when I was dismantling the pages it ripped in such a way that was fitting to piece in. Creative fate if you will.

This one was just as enjoyable and relaxing as the first except I substituted cold coffee for a warm London Porter.

The morning after I was finished I had a bit of a Fred Flintstone thumb from the glue. I bought new stuff so when I was done my hands looked like I had worked on a small engine. Even the wee throb in my right hitchhiker is worth the time spent making something else.

For those of you not familiar with Hemingway, ‘A Moveable Feast’ is a memoir chronicling his days in 1920s Paris as a struggling, young expatriate writer; written toward the end of his life and published posthumously in 1964. It is a tremendous account and made its most important quote one of the focal points of the piece.

I don’t know what’s next. Something will inspire though, of that much I’m sure.

In propinquity,

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment