Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sad End For A Writer



Sad End For A Writer

I believed you
emphatically

my synonym for beauty
in the present moment

when you openly professed
the intrinsic phases of poetry

evident through a summary
of sated spiritual upsurge

a veritable deluge of exactitude
so peculiar and incongruous

for your character to concede to
such an inspiring blithe explanation

that in response
I ceased a shrugging dismissal to
your dubious aggrandized anecdotes

I trusted you
haphazardly

my synonym for contentment
in the instantaneous past tense

I tended your
fragile heart
w/ quiet care
revolved around
your hours
w/ compassion

when you shed
your armor
leveled my field
& we settled into
that palpable
space in between

truth & lies
black & white
feast & famine

& then pretense
invaded the calm

I annulled our amalgamation
my antonym for abundance

disengaged our composition
my antonym for affection

all of your contradictions
have been redeemed
all of the words in your
failed language expired

a sad end
for a writer
in love

**

This week and crawling by after a great few days away from the norm.  I have Thursday's reading with the Open Heart Forgery gang to look forward to though.  The new issue is being released and I am happy to report that 'Aubade' will be included.  It's getting colder here now, with Winter looming.  I'm not a fan of snow and I hear the white stuff will fly sometime between tomorrow and Sunday.  Barf.  I was born in the wrong climate.

A little poetry for a sleepy Tuesday, hope you enjoyed.

In propinquity,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment